Fire at Federal Ministry of Finance building caused by inverter batteries -Official

The Federal Ministry of Finance has revealed the cause of the fire incident that occurred at its headquarters in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, on Wednesday.

The ministry stated that the fire was caused by an isolated battery pack, adding that it was immediately put out by security personnel on duty.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Special Adviser (Media and Communications) to the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Yunusa Tanko Abdullahi.

“NewsFlash: The Federal Ministry of Finance Headquarters is not on fire as reported on the social media.

“Rather there was an incident on the corridor in the basement involving an isolated battery Pack (Photo inset) and it was quickly put out by the security personnel on duty,” the statement read.

Source:www.punchng.com 

Burnt inverter batteries at the Federal Ministry of Finance headquarters